Groin Herpes Prevention
Prevention of herpes genitalis includes:
- Avoid anal intercourse.
- Avoid oral sex.
- Do not have sex with multiple sexual partners.
- Do not have with anyone who has oral or genital sores.
- Do not have sex with anyone who has a penile discharge or vaginal discharge.
- Do not use petroleum jelly in the vagina.
- Do not have sex with a partner who has intercourse with others.
- Practice safe sex:
- Use condoms.
- Use spermicidal cream or lotion.
- Women should not douche after intercourse.
- Notify your partner if you have herpes.
- Avoid sexual intercourse for 2 weeks after the blisters have completely healed.
Groin Herpes Pregnancy
Continue to Groin Herpes Outlook
- Corey L, Ashley R; Valaciclovir HSV Transmission Study Group. Prevention of herpes simplex virus type 2 transmission with antiviral therapy. Herpes. 2004 Aug;11 Suppl 3:170A-174A. 
- Spruance SL, Tyring SK, DeGregorio B, Miller C, Beutner K. A large-scale, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging trial of peroral valaciclovir for episodic treatment of recurrent herpes genitalis. Valaciclovir HSV Study Group. Arch Intern Med. 1996 Aug 12-26;156(15):1729-35. 
- Weiss H. Epidemiology of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in the developing world. Herpes. 2004 Apr;11 Suppl 1:24A-35A.