Grave's Disease Incidence
Facts about Grave's disease:
- Grave's is one of the most common causes of hyperthyroidism.
- About 90% of those who are hyperthyroid have Grave's disease.
- Grave's disease is about 10 times more common in females.
- Grave's usually occurs between the ages of 30 to 50 years.
Continue to Grave's Disease Risk Factors
- Abraham P, Avenell A, Watson WA, Park CM, Bevan JS. Antithyroid drug regimen for treating Graves' hyperthyroidism. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD003420. 
- Holm IA, Manson JE, Michels KB, Alexander EK, Willett WC, Utiger RD. Smoking and other lifestyle factors and the risk of Graves' hyperthyroidism. Arch Intern Med. 2005 Jul 25;165(14):1606-11. 
- McKeown NJ, Tews MC, Gossain VV, Shah SM. Hyperthyroidism. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2005 Aug;23(3):669-85, viii. 
- Weetman AP. Grave's disease 1835-2002. Horm Res. 2003;59 Suppl 1:114-8.