Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms triggers Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care diet pain and inflammation using a cane using a walker using crutches warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Facts about gout:
- About 1 out of 100 people in the US have gout.
Continue to Gout Risk Factors
PubMed Gout References
- Kim KY, Ralph Schumacher H, Hunsche E, Wertheimer AI, Kong SX. A literature review of the epidemiology and treatment of acute gout. Clin Ther. 2003 Jun;25(6):1593-617. 
- Monu JU, Pope TL Jr. Gout: a clinical and radiologic review. Radiol Clin North Am. 2004 Jan;42(1):169-84. 
- Pal B, Foxall M, Dysart T, Carey F, Whittaker M. How is gout managed in primary care? A review of current practice and proposed guidelines. Clin Rheumatol. 2000;19(1):21-5. 
- Schlesinger N. Diagnosis of gout. Minerva Med. 2007 Dec;98(6):759-67.