Goodpasture's Syndrome Outlook
Facts about Goodpasture's syndrome:
- There has been great improvement in the past 15 years due to the aggressive use of plasmapheresis to treat this disease.
- Lung involvement usually has a good prognosis, but there is some risk to residual scarring (fibrosis) in the lungs.
- The incidence of end stage renal disease (requiring kidney dialysis) is between 25 and 69%.
- Those with a serum creatinine under 5.7 at the time of diagnosis generally have better recovery of kidney function.
Continue to Goodpasture's Syndrome Underlying Cause
- Ball JA, Young KR Jr. Pulmonary manifestations of Goodpasture's syndrome. Antiglomerular basement membrane disease and related disorders. Clin Chest Med. 1998 Dec;19(4):777-91, ix. 
- Shah MK, Hugghins SY. Characteristics and outcomes of patients with Goodpasture's syndrome. South Med J. 2002 Dec;95(12):1411-8.