Facts about endemic goiter:
- About 5 percent of people in the US have a goiter.
Continue to Goiter Risk Factors
- Aydin K, Kendirci M, Kurtoglu S, Karakucuk EI, Kiris A. Iodine and selenium deficiency in school-children in an endemic goiter area in Turkey. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Jul-Aug;15(7):1027-31. 
- Castaneda R, Lechuga D, Ramos RI, Magos C, Orozco M, Martinez H. Endemic goiter in pregnant women: utility of the simplified classification of thyroid size by palpation and urinary iodine as screening tests. BJOG. 2002 Dec;109(12):1366-72. 
- Elnour A, Hambraeus L, Eltom M, Dramaix M, Bourdoux P. Endemic goiter with iodine sufficiency: a possible role for the consumption of pearl millet in the etiology of endemic goiter. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Jan;71(1):59-66. 
- Zhao J, Wang P, Shang L, Sullivan KM, van der Haar F, Maberly G. Endemic goiter associated with high iodine intake. Am J Public Health. 2000 Oct;90(10):1633-5.