Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of glossopharyngeal neuralgia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia Specialist
- Kobata H, Kondo A, Iwasaki K, Nishioka T. Combined hyperactive dysfunction syndrome of the cranial nerves: trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasm, and glossopharyngeal neuralgia: 11-year experience and review. Neurosurgery. 1998 Dec;43(6):1351-61; discussion 1361-2. 
- Rozen TD. Trigeminal neuralgia and glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Neurol Clin. 2004 Feb;22(1):185-206.