Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment chemotherapy questions for doctor radiation therapy specialist surgery Home Care anorexia diet pain in adults pain in children side effects taking control warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types Anatomy
Types of gliomas include:
Gliomas are often described by their location in the brain:
- Infratentorial brain tumors:
- Located in the back one-third of the brain
- Supratentorial brain tumors:
- Located in the front two-thirds of the brain.
- This is the most common location for brain tumors in adults.
Continue to Glioma Anatomy
PubMed Glioma References
- Laperriere N, Zuraw L, Cairncross G; Cancer Care Ontario Practice Guidelines Initiative Neuro-Oncology Disease Site Group. Radiotherapy for newly diagnosed malignant glioma in adults: a systematic review. Radiother Oncol. 2002 Sep;64(3):259-73. 
- Salvati M, Caroli E, Orlando ER, Frati A, Artizzu S, Ferrante L. Multicentric glioma: our experience in 25 patients and critical review of the literature. Neurosurg Rev. 2003 Oct;26(4):275-9. 
- Stewart LA. Chemotherapy in adult high-grade glioma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data from 12 randomised trials. Lancet. 2002 Mar 23;359(9311):1011-8.