Glaucoma Chronic Home Care
Home care for chronic glaucoma includes:
- Keep scheduled appointments with the ophthalmologist.
- Take eye medications as prescribed.
Glaucoma Chronic Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have chronic glaucoma and any of the following:
Continue to Glaucoma Chronic Prevention
- Chen PP, Bhandari A. Fellow eye prognosis in patients with severe visual field loss in 1 eye from chronic open-angle glaucoma. Arch Ophthalmol. 2000 Apr;118(4):473-8. 
- Deokule S, Sadiq S, Shah S. Chronic open angle glaucoma: patient awareness of the nature of the disease, topical medication, compliance and the prevalence of systemic symptoms. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2004 Jan;24(1):9-15. 
- Fraser S, Bunce C, Wormald R. Risk factors for late presentation in chronic glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1999 Sep;40(10):2251-7. 
- Martus P, Stroux A, Budde WM, Mardin CY, Korth M, Jonas JB. Predictive factors for progressive optic nerve damage in various types of chronic open-angle glaucoma. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005 Jun;139(6):999-1009.