Gingivitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of gingivitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Gingivitis Home Care
- Beirne P, Forgie A, Clarkson J, Worthington HV. Recall intervals for oral health in primary care patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD004346. 
- Ratcliff PA, Johnson PW. The relationship between oral malodor, gingivitis, and periodontitis. A review. J Periodontol. 1999 May;70(5):485-9. 
- Schatzle M, Loe H, Burgin W, Anerud A, Boysen H, Lang NP. Clinical course of chronic periodontitis. I. Role of gingivitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2003 Oct;30(10):887-901. 
- Trombelli L. Susceptibility to gingivitis: a way to predict periodontal disease? Oral Health Prev Dent. 2004;2 Suppl 1:265-9.