Gingival Bleeding Treatment
The treatment for bleeding gums depends upon the underlying cause. Usually, bleeding gums is caused by poor dental hygiene or a dental injury. With proper care for gingivitis or periodontal disease, the bleeding will resolve.
Treatment for bleeding gums due to poor dental hygiene may include:
- Dental cleaning
- Removal of broken or damaged teeth
- Antibiotics for gingivitis
- Maintain good oral hygiene
For more information:
Gingival Bleeding Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat bleeding gums:
Continue to Gingival Bleeding Home Care
- Liesner R, Hann I, Khair K. Non-accidental injury and the haematologist: the causes and investigation of easy bruising. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2004 May;15 Suppl 1:S41-8. 
- Maguire S, Mann MK, Sibert J, Kemp A. Are there patterns of bruising in childhood which are diagnostic or suggestive of abuse? A systematic review. Arch Dis Child. 2005 Feb;90(2):182-6. 
- Valente MJ, Abramson N. Easy bruisability. South Med J. 2006 Apr;99(4):366-70. Review. Summary for patients in: South Med J. 2006 Jun;99(6):635. 
- Vora A, Makris M. Personal practice: An approach to investigation of easy bruising. Arch Dis Child. 2001 Jun;84(6):488-91.