Gilchrist's Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of blastomycosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Gilchrist's Disease Specialist
- Baumgardner DJ, Brockman K: Epidemiology of human blastomycosis in Vilas County, Wisconsin. II: 1991-1996. WMJ 1998 May; 97(5): 44-7. 
- Pappas PG. Blastomycosis. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2004 Apr;25(2):113-21.