Giardia Infection Risk Factors
Risk factors for Giardia infection include:
- Drinking well water
- Eat undercooked food, especially seafood
- Any condition that causes a weakening of the immune system such as:
- Organ transplant
- Chemotherapy: the administration of medicines that kill cancer cells.
- Improperly store food
- Living around poor sanitation
- Living in close quarters, such as in army barracks, schools, or prisons
- Travel to high risk areas
Continue to Giardia Infection Symptoms
- Vesy CJ, Peterson WL. Review article: the management of Giardiasis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1999 Jul;13(7):843-50. 
- Welch TP. Risk of giardiasis from consumption of wilderness water in North America: a systematic review of epidemiologic data. Int J Infect Dis. 2000;4(2):100-3.