Giant Cell Tumor Treatment
Treatment for a giant cell tumor depends on the grade (how prone to spread it is) of the tumor and may include splints and surgery.
Treatment for a giant cell tumor includes:
- Splints for giant cell tumors
- Surgery for giant cell tumor
Giant Cell Tumor Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat giant cell tumors:
Continue to Giant Cell Tumor Home Care
- Caudell JJ, Ballo MT, Zagars GK, Lewis VO, Weber KL, Lin PP, Marco RA, El-Naggar AK, Benjamin RS, Yasko AW. Radiotherapy in the management of giant cell tumor of bone. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003 Sep 1;57(1):158-65. 
- Chang SS, Suratwala SJ, Jung KM, Doppelt JD, Zhang HZ, Blaine TA, Kim TW, Winchester RJ, Lee FY. Bisphosphonates may reduce recurrence in giant cell tumor by inducing apoptosis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2004 Sep;(426):103-9. 
- Yasko AW. Giant cell tumor of bone. Curr Oncol Rep. 2002 Nov;4(6):520-6.