Giant Cell Tumor Incidence
Facts about giant cell tumors:
- Giant cell tumors are uncommon.
- Giant cell tumors are most common in young adults.
- Giant cell tumors are rare in children and the elderly.
- Giant cell tumors are most common in the knee, shoulder and wrist.
Continue to Giant Cell Tumor Symptoms
- Caudell JJ, Ballo MT, Zagars GK, Lewis VO, Weber KL, Lin PP, Marco RA, El-Naggar AK, Benjamin RS, Yasko AW. Radiotherapy in the management of giant cell tumor of bone. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003 Sep 1;57(1):158-65. 
- Chang SS, Suratwala SJ, Jung KM, Doppelt JD, Zhang HZ, Blaine TA, Kim TW, Winchester RJ, Lee FY. Bisphosphonates may reduce recurrence in giant cell tumor by inducing apoptosis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2004 Sep;(426):103-9. 
- Yasko AW. Giant cell tumor of bone. Curr Oncol Rep. 2002 Nov;4(6):520-6.