Gaucher's Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Gaucher's disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- How should I change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- Will my children have this condition?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Gaucher's Disease Home Care
- Brady RO. Gaucher's disease: past, present and future. Baillieres Clin Haematol. 1997 Dec;10(4):621-34. 
- Germain DP. Gaucher's disease: a paradigm for interventional genetics. Clin Genet. 2004 Feb;65(2):77-86. 
- Niederau C, Haussinger D. Gaucher's disease: a review for the internist and hepatologist. Hepatogastroenterology. 2000 Jul-Aug;47(34):984-97.