Gastroenteritis Salmonella Incidence
Facts about Salmonella infection:
- About 1 out of 125 people in the US are infected with salmonella each year in the US.
- Salmonella infections are most common in people over 70, or under 20, years of age.
- Each year, about 55 salmonella outbreaks are reported in the US.
Continue to Gastroenteritis Salmonella Risk Factors
- Hohmann EL. Nontyphoidal salmonellosis. Clin Infect Dis. 2001 Jan 15;32(2):263-9. 
- Rabsch W, Tschape H, Baumler AJ. Non-typhoidal salmonellosis: emerging problems. Microbes Infect. 2001 Mar;3(3):237-47. 
- Trevejo RT, Courtney JG, Starr M, Vugia DJ. Epidemiology of salmonellosis in California, 1990-1999: morbidity, mortality, and hospitalization costs. Am J Epidemiol. 2003 Jan 1;157(1):48-57.