Gastroenteritis Cholera Prevention
Prevention of cholera includes:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet.
- Do not drink unpasteurized milk.
- Do not share food utensils.
- Wash your hands after handling raw meat, seafood, or poultry.
- Make sure all meat, poultry and fish products are well cooked.
- Travelers to developing countries should avoid:
- Foods that are not steaming hot
- Raw vegetables
- Fruit they have not peeled themselves
- Tap water, including ice
Continue to Gastroenteritis Cholera Outlook
- Greenough WB 3rd. The human, societal, and scientific legacy of cholera. J Clin Invest. 2004 Feb;113(3):334-9. 
- Kirkpatrick BD, Alston WK. Current immunizations for travel. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2003 Oct;16(5):369-74. 
- Sack DA, Sack RB, Nair GB, Siddique AK. Cholera. Lancet. 2004 Jan 17;363(9404):223-33.