Gardnerella Vaginalis Home Care
- Take prescribed antibiotics as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Don't stop taking your medication just because you feel better.
- If you feel worse, talk to your doctor before you stop your medication.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Avoid products that irritate the vagina:
- Strong soaps
- Bubble bath
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Use condoms until the infection has resolved.
- Do not have sexual intercourse for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Keep your genitals clean.
- Change tampons often during menstruation.
- Every 4-6 hours
- While taking antibiotics:
- Use a vaginal antifungal cream
- Gently dry your genitals after bathing.
- Wipe from front to back after urinating.
Gardnerella Vaginalis Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have bacterial vaginitis and any of the following:
Continue to Gardnerella Vaginalis Outlook
- Joesoef MR, Schmid G. Bacterial vaginosis. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1968-78. 
- Mengel MB, Berg AO, Weaver CH: The effectiveness of single-dose metronidazole therapy for patients and their partners with bacterial vaginosis. J Fam Pract 1989 Feb; 28(2): 163-71. 
- Owen MK, Clenney TL. Management of vaginitis. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Dec 1;70(11):2125-32. 
- Spiegel CA: Bacterial vaginosis. Clin Microbiol Rev 1991 Oct; 4(4): 485-502.