Gamekeeper's Thumb Outlook
What to expect with skier's thumb:
- Stretching of the ligament heals within 6 to 8 weeks.
- Complete tears of the ligament may not heal unless they are treated immediately after injury.
Continue to Gamekeeper's Thumb Complications
- Harper MT, Chandnani VP, Spaeth J, Santangelo JR, Providence BC, Bagg MA. Gamekeeper thumb: diagnosis of ulnar collateral ligament injury using magnetic resonance imaging, magnetic resonance arthrography and stress radiography. J Magn Reson Imaging. 1996 Mar-Apr;6(2):322-8. 
- Plancher KD, Ho CP, Cofield SS, Viola R, Hawkins RJ. Role of MR imaging in the management of "skier's thumb" injuries. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 1999 Feb;7(1):73-84, viii. 
- Zeman C, Hunter RE, Freeman JR, Purnell ML, Mastrangelo J. Acute skier's thumb repaired with a proximal phalanx suture anchor. Am J Sports Med. 1998 Sep-Oct;26(5):644-50.