Fungal Skin Rash Evaluation
The evaluation of a fungal skin rash starts with a medical history and physical exam.
The diagnosis of fungal skin rash can be made on physical exam.
Physical findings in someone with a fungal skin rash may include:
Tests that may be used to evaluate a fungal skin rash include:
- Skin scraping:
- For examination under the microscope
- Skin biopsy
- Examination under an ultraviolet light
For more information:
Continue to Fungal Skin Rash Treatment
- Gupta AK, Cooper EA, Ryder JE, Nicol KA, Chow M, Chaudhry MM. Optimal management of fungal infections of the skin, hair, and nails. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2004;5(4):225-37. 
- Sanfilippo AM, Barrio V, Kulp-Shorten C, Callen JP. Common pediatric and adolescent skin conditions. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2003 Oct;16(5):269-83. 
- Vander Straten MR, Hossain MA, Ghannoum MA. Cutaneous infections dermatophytosis, onychomycosis, and tinea versicolor. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2003 Mar;17(1):87-112.