Fungal Infection of the Esophagus Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of candidal esophagitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Fungal Infection of the Esophagus Specialist
- Forrest G. Gastrointestinal infections in immunocompromised hosts. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2004 Jan;20(1):16-21. 
- Mulhall BP, Wong RK. Infectious Esophagitis. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2003 Feb;6(1):55-70. 
- Underwood JA, Williams JW, Keate RF. Clinical findings and risk factors for Candida esophagitis in outpatients. Dis Esophagus. 2003;16(2):66-9.