Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Fungal Infection in the Mouth Evaluation
- Throat redness
- White coating on the surface the mouth and throat:
Usually, tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of thrush.
Tests that may be used to evaluate thrush include:
Continue to Fungal Infection in the Mouth Treatment
PubMed Fungal Infection in the Mouth References
- Akpan A, Morgan R. Oral candidiasis. Postgrad Med J. 2002 Aug;78(922):455-9. 
- Clarkson JE, Worthington HV, Eden OB. Interventions for treating oral candidiasis for patients with cancer receiving treatment. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(1):CD001972. 
- Pankhurst C. Candidiasis (oropharyngeal). Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1701-16. 
- Rossie K, Guggenheimer J. Oral candidiasis: clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and treatment. Pract Periodontics Aesthet Dent. 1997 Aug;9(6):635-41.