Fungal Foot Infection Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of tinea pedis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having tinea pedis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Fungal Foot Infection Specialist
- Evans EG. Tinea pedis: clinical experience and efficacy of short treatment. Dermatology. 1997;194 Suppl 1:3-6. 
- Gupta AK, Chow M, Daniel CR, Aly R. Treatments of tinea pedis. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):431-62. 
- Rad MM, Jackson C, Barton RC, Evans EG. Single strains of Trichophyton rubrum in cases of tinea pedis. J Med Microbiol. 2005 Aug;54(Pt 8):725-6.