Fractured Upper Arm Outlook
What to expect with a humerus fracture:
- About 90 percent of humerus fractures heal without complications.
- A humerus fracture usually heals within 8 weeks.
- Fractures near the shoulder or elbow may result in decreased motion at these joints.
- Physical therapy can help restore normal range of motion in the joints.
Continue to Fractured Upper Arm Complications
- Carson S, Woolridge DP, Colletti J, Kilgore K. Pediatric upper extremity injuries. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2006 Feb;53(1):41-67, v. 
- Caviglia H, Garrido CP, Palazzi FF, Meana NV. Pediatric fractures of the humerus. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005 Mar;(432):49-56. 
- Hodgson S.Proximal humerus fracture rehabilitation. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006 Jan;442:131-8. 
- Shao YC, Harwood P, Grotz MR, Limb D, Giannoudis PV. Radial nerve palsy associated with fractures of the shaft of the humerus: a systematic review. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005 Dec;87(12):1647-52.