Fractured Orbit Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a blowout fracture of the orbit.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this injury again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Fractured Orbit Specialist
- Ikeda K, Suzuki H, Oshima T, Takasaka T. Endoscopic endonasal repair of orbital floor fracture. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1999 Jan;125(1):59-63. 
- Klenk G, Kovacs A. Blow-out fracture of the orbital floor in early childhood. J Craniofac Surg. 2003 Sep;14(5):666-71. Review. 
- Otori N, Haruna S, Moriyama H. Endoscopic endonasal or transmaxillary repair of orbital floor fracture: a study of 88 patients treated in our department. Acta Otolaryngol. 2003 Aug;123(6):718-23.