Fractured Nasal Bone Treatment
Treatment for nasal bone fractures usually includes cold compresses, nasal packing, narcotic pain medications, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Some patients may require surgery.
Treatment for nasal bone fractures may include:
- Cold compresses
- Apply for 20 minutes at a time, 2 to 3 times per day
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, NeoProfen)
- Ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis, Oruvail)
- Naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, Aleve)
- Narcotic pain medication:
- Surgery for nasal fracture
- For severe fractures
Fractured Nasal Bone Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of nasal bone fracture.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Fractured Nasal Bone Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat nasal bone fractures:
Continue to Fractured Nasal Bone Home Care
- Donat TL, Endress C, Mathog RH. Facial fracture classification according to skeletal support mechanisms. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1998 Dec;124(12):1306-14. 
- Rhee SC, Kim YK, Cha JH, Kang SR, Park HS. Septal fracture in simple nasal bone fracture. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Jan;113(1):45-52. 
- Rohrich RJ, Adams WP Jr. Nasal fracture management: minimizing secondary nasal deformities. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000 Aug;106(2):266-73.