Fractured Mandible Outlook
What to expect with a jaw fracture:
- Mandible fractures require about 6 to 8 weeks to heal.
- With proper treatment, about 90 percent of mandible fractures heal completely and the alignment of the teeth is restored.
Continue to Fractured Mandible Underlying Cause
- Donat TL, Endress C, Mathog RH. Facial fracture classification according to skeletal support mechanisms. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1998 Dec;124(12):1306-14. 
- King RE, Scianna JM, Petruzzelli GJ. Mandible fracture patterns: a suburban trauma center experience. Am J Otolaryngol. 2004 Sep-Oct;25(5):301-7. 
- Lazow SK. The mandible fracture: a treatment protocol. J Craniomaxillofac Trauma. 1996 Summer;2(2):24-30.