Foreign Object in the Vagina Prevention
Prevention of a vaginal foreign body includes:
- For children, avoid toys with small parts.
- Keep track of tampons.
- Do not place objects in the vagina.
Continue to Foreign Object in the Vagina Outlook
- Kurzel RB, Chaudhuri G, Hall D. Management of a vaginal foreign body. Ann Emerg Med. 1981 Sep;10(9):492-3. 
- Paradise JE, Willis ED. Probability of vaginal foreign body in girls with genital complaints. Am J Dis Child. 1985 May;139(5):472-6. 
- Simon DA, Berry S, Brannian J, Hansen K. Recurrent, purulent vaginal discharge associated with longstanding presence of a foreign body and vaginal stenosis. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2003 Dec;16(6):361-3. 
- Stricker T, Navratil F, Sennhauser FH. Vaginal foreign bodies. J Paediatr Child Health. 2004 Apr;40(4):205-7.