Foreign Body Swallowed Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of swallowed foreign body?
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Foreign Body Swallowed Specialist
- Cheng W, Tam PK. Foreign-body ingestion in children: experience with 1,265 cases. J Pediatr Surg. 1999 Oct;34(10):1472-6. 
- Macgregor D, Ferguson J. Foreign body ingestion in children: an audit of transit time. J Accid Emerg Med. 1998 Nov;15(6):371-3. 
- Uyemura MC. Foreign body ingestion in children. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jul 15;72(2):287-91. Review. Summary for patients in: Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jul 15;72(2):292. 
- Wai Pak M, Chung Lee W, Kwok Fung H, van Hasselt CA. A prospective study of foreign-body ingestion in 311 children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2001 Apr 6;58(1):37-45.