Foot Stress Fracture Metatarsal
The metatarsal bones are subject to a great deal of stress, especially during the push-off phase of running or walking.
Types of fractures include:
- Fracture of the base of the fifth metatarsal
- Jones fracture:
- Marching fracture:
- A stress fracture of the third metatarsal
Continue to Foot Stress Fracture Phalanges
- Burns J, Keenan AM, Redmond A. Foot type and overuse injury in triathletes. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005 May-Jun;95(3):235-41. 
- Kunkel M, Miller SD. Return to work after foot and ankle injury. Foot Ankle Clin. 2002 Jun;7(2):421-8, viii. 
- Luetters CM, Keegan TH, Sidney S, Quesenberry CP, Prill M, Sternfeld B, Kelsey J. Risk factors for foot fracture among individuals aged 45 years and older. Osteoporos Int. 2004 Dec;15(12):957-63. 
- Tran T, Thordarson D. Functional outcome of multiply injured patients with associated foot injury. Foot Ankle Int. 2002 Apr;23(4):340-3.