Foot Numbness due to Alcohol Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of alcoholic polyneuropathy.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for peripheral neuropathy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Foot Numbness due to Alcohol Specialist
- Avaria Mde L, Mills JL, Kleinsteuber K, Aros S, Conley MR, Cox C, Klebanoff M, Cassorla F. Peripheral nerve conduction abnormalities in children exposed to alcohol in utero. J Pediatr. 2004 Mar;144(3):338-43. 
- Diamond I, Messing RO. Neurologic effects of alcoholism. West J Med. 1994 Sep;161(3):279-87. 
- Koike H, Iijima M, Sugiura M, Mori K, Hattori N, Ito H, Hirayama M, Sobue G. Alcoholic neuropathy is clinicopathologically distinct from thiamine-deficiency neuropathy. Ann Neurol. 2003 Jul;54(1):19-29. 
- Oishi M, Mochizuki Y, Suzuki Y, Ogawa K, Naganuma T, Nishijo Y, Mizutani T. Current perception threshold and sympathetic skin response in diabetic and alcoholic polyneuropathies. Intern Med. 2002 Oct;41(10):819-22.