Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care diet taking control warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Foot Numbness due to Alcohol Evaluation
- Decreased tendon reflexes
- Numbness and tingling
Testing is usually necessary to confirm the diagnosis of alcoholic polyneuropathy.
Tests that may be used to evaluate alcoholic polyneuropathy include:
Continue to Foot Numbness due to Alcohol Treatment
PubMed Foot Numbness due to Alcohol References
- Avaria Mde L, Mills JL, Kleinsteuber K, Aros S, Conley MR, Cox C, Klebanoff M, Cassorla F. Peripheral nerve conduction abnormalities in children exposed to alcohol in utero. J Pediatr. 2004 Mar;144(3):338-43. 
- Diamond I, Messing RO. Neurologic effects of alcoholism. West J Med. 1994 Sep;161(3):279-87. 
- Koike H, Iijima M, Sugiura M, Mori K, Hattori N, Ito H, Hirayama M, Sobue G. Alcoholic neuropathy is clinicopathologically distinct from thiamine-deficiency neuropathy. Ann Neurol. 2003 Jul;54(1):19-29. 
- Oishi M, Mochizuki Y, Suzuki Y, Ogawa K, Naganuma T, Nishijo Y, Mizutani T. Current perception threshold and sympathetic skin response in diabetic and alcoholic polyneuropathies. Intern Med. 2002 Oct;41(10):819-22.