Folliculitis Home Care
Home care for folliculitis includes:
- Apply a moisturizing lotion:
- Apply warm compresses for stiffness:
- Apply for 20-30 minutes, 4 times a day.
- Shower immediately after exercise.
- Avoid shaving near areas of folliculitis.
- Use hypoallergenic shaving cream.
- Dry the affected area completely after bathing:
- Use a separate towel for the infected area.
- Avoid scratching the area:
- This may lead to infection
- Wear clothing made out of breathable fabric.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Folliculitis Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have folliculitis and any of the following:
Continue to Folliculitis Underlying Cause
- Al-Dhafiri SA, Molinari R. Herpetic folliculitis. J Cutan Med Surg. 2002 Jan-Feb;6(1):19-22. 
- Luelmo-Aguilar J, Santandreu MS. Folliculitis: recognition and management. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2004;5(5):301-10. 
- Mengesha YM, Bennett ML. Pustular skin disorders: diagnosis and treatment. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2002;3(6):389-400.