Fluttering of the Atria Incidence
Facts about atrial flutter:
- This condition occurs in about 2-4 per 1,000 people in the 25-35 year age group.
- Atrial flutter gradually increases in frequency to about 50-90 people in those over 65 years old.
Continue to Fluttering of the Atria Risk Factors
- Ghali WA, Wasil BI, Brant R, Exner DV, Cornuz J. Atrial flutter and the risk of thromboembolism: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Med. 2005 Feb;118(2):101-7. 
- Lee KW, Yang Y, Scheinman MM; University of Califoirnia-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA. Atrial flutter: a review of its history, mechanisms, clinical features, and current therapy. Curr Probl Cardiol. 2005 Mar;30(3):121-67. 
- Mead GE, Flapan AD, Elder AT. Electrical cardioversion for atrial fibrillation and flutter. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD002903. 
- Waldo AL. Mechanisms of atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation: distinct entities or two sides of a coin? Cardiovasc Res. 2002 May;54(2):217-29.