Fish Skin Disease Home Care
Home care for ichthyosis includes:
- Apply a moisturizer for dry skin:
- Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream for itching:
- Apply to the skin, 4 times a day.
- Avoid using strong soaps or detergents on your skin.
- Avoid scratching: this can cause infection.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Learn everything you can about ichthyosis:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Fish Skin Disease Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have ichthyosis and any of the following:
Continue to Fish Skin Disease Outlook
- Caceres-Rios H, Tamayo-Sanchez L, Duran-Mckinster C, de la Luz Orozco M, Ruiz-Maldonado R. Keratitis, ichthyosis, and deafness (KID syndrome): review of the literature and proposal of a new terminology. Pediatr Dermatol. 1996 Mar-Apr;13(2):105-13. 
- DiGiovanna JJ, Robinson-Bostom L. Ichthyosis: etiology, diagnosis, and management. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2003;4(2):81-95.