Fish Poisoning Symptoms
Symptoms of ciguatera poisoning usually start within a few hours after eating the fish.
Early symptoms of ciguatera poisoning include:
Additional symptoms usually occur within six hours of ingesting the toxin.
Additional symptoms of ciguatera poisoning include:
- Numbness and tingling
- Abnormal temperature sense
- Hot feels cold and cold feels hot
Less common symptoms of ciguatera poisoning may include:
- Joint pain (multiple joints)
- Dental pain
- Muscle aches
- Muscle weakness:
- Generalized weakness
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities
- Increased sensitivity to changes in temperature
- Excessive sweating
Continue to Fish Poisoning Evaluation
- Farstad DJ, Chow T. A brief case report and review of ciguatera poisoning. Wilderness Environ Med. 2001 Winter;12(4):263-9. 
- Isbister GK, Kiernan MC. Neurotoxic marine poisoning. Lancet Neurol. 2005 Apr;4(4):219-28. 
- Lewis RJ. The changing face of ciguatera. Toxicon. 2001 Jan;39(1):97-106.