Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care congestion diarrhea pain and fever sore throat warning signs Outlook Underlying Cause Transmission pregnancy Anatomy
Fifths Disease Sore Throat
- Avoid citrus juice.
- Avoid hot and spicy foods.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Numb the throat pain with throat spray or lozenges.
- Perform warm salt water gargles several times a day. Mix 1/2 teaspoon (92.5 ml) salt per cup (240 cc) of water.
- Place a vaporizer or nebulizer in the bedroom at night.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain or fever
- Acetaminophen for pain or fever
Continue to Fifths Disease Warning Signs
PubMed Fifths Disease References
- Gildea JH. Human parvovirus B19--flushed in face though healthy (fifth disease and more). Pediatr Nurs. 1998 Jul-Aug;24(4):325-9. 
- Mankuta D, Bar-Oz B, Koren G. Erythema infectiosum (Fifth disease) and pregnancy. Can Fam Physician. 1999 Mar;45:603-5.