Fifth Cranial Nerve Neuritis Incidence
Facts about trigeminal neuralgia:
- About 15 out of 100,000 people in the US develop trigeminal neuralgia each year in the US.
- Trigeminal neuralgia is rare before the age of 40.
- Trigeminal neuralgia most commonly occurs between the ages of 60 and 70 years.
- Trigeminal neuralgia is more common in women than men.
Continue to Fifth Cranial Nerve Neuritis Risk Factors
- Bagheri SC, Farhidvash F, Perciaccante VJ. Diagnosis and treatment of patients with trigeminal neuralgia. J Am Dent Assoc. 2004 Dec;135(12):1713-7. 
- Cheshire WP. Trigeminal neuralgia: diagnosis and treatment. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2005 Mar;5(2):79-85. 
- Urgosik D, Liscak R, Novotny J Jr, Vymazal J, Vladyka V. Treatment of essential trigeminal neuralgia with gamma knife surgery. J Neurosurg. 2005 Jan;102 Suppl:29-33.