Fibular Fracture Outlook
What to expect with a leg fracture:
- Fractures of the femur or tibia may require 8 to 10 weeks to heal.
- Fractures of the fibula usually heal within 6 weeks.
Continue to Fibular Fracture Complications
- Cullen MC, Roy DR, Crawford AH, Assenmacher J, Levy MS, Wen D. Open fracture of the tibia in children. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1996 Jul;78(7):1039-47. 
- Francisco AC, Nightingale RW, Guilak F, Glisson RR, Garrett WE Jr. Comparison of soccer shin guards in preventing tibia fracture. Am J Sports Med. 2000 Mar-Apr;28(2):227-33. 
- Jensen A, Dahl S. Stress fracture of the distal tibia and fibula through heavy lifting. Am J Ind Med. 2005 Feb;47(2):181-3. 
- Roder F, Schwab M, Aleker T, Morike K, Thon KP, Klotz U. Proximal femur fracture in older patients--rehabilitation and clinical outcome. Age Ageing. 2003 Jan;32(1):74-80.