Fibromyalgia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of fibromyalgia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Fibromyalgia Specialist
- Bradley LA. Psychiatric comorbidity in fibromyalgia. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2005 Apr;9(2):79-86. 
- Goldenberg DL, Burckhardt C, Crofford L. Management of fibromyalgia syndrome. JAMA. 2004 Nov 17;292(19):2388-95. 
- Mannerkorpi K. Exercise in fibromyalgia. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2005 Mar;17(2):190-4. 
- Nampiaparampil DE, Shmerling RH. A review of fibromyalgia. Am J Manag Care. 2004 Nov;10(11 Pt 1):794-800.