Fibroadenoma of the Breast Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of breast fibroadenoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for breast cancer?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Fibroadenoma of the Breast Specialist
- El-Wakeel H, Umpleby HC. Systematic review of fibroadenoma as a risk factor for breast cancer. Breast. 2003 Oct;12(5):302-7. 
- Fine RE, Staren ED. Updates in breast ultrasound. Surg Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;84(4):1001-34, v-vi. 
- Littrup PJ, Freeman-Gibb L, Andea A, White M, Amerikia KC, Bouwman D, Harb T, Sakr W. Cryotherapy for breast fibroadenomas. Radiology. 2005 Jan;234(1):63-72. 
- Norlock FE. Benign breast pain in women: a practical approach to evaluation and treatment. J Am Med Womens Assoc. 2002 Spring;57(2):85-90.