Fibrillation Atrial Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for cardiac arrhythmias?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Fibrillation Atrial Specialist
- Alchaghouri S. Atrial fibrillation. 2: Management. Hosp Med. 2004 Sep;65(9):546-52. 
- Freestone B, Kamath S, Lip G. Atrial fibrillation (acute). Clin Evid. 2003 Jun;(9):61-71. 
- Johnson J, Napier KT. Atrial fibrillation: new theories, emerging treatments. JAAPA. 2005 Jun;18(6):36-41. 
- Leonardi M, Bissett J. Prevention of atrial fibrillation. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2005 Sep;20(5):417-23. 
- Mead GE, Flapan AD, Elder AT. Electrical cardioversion for atrial fibrillation and flutter. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD002903. 
- Veenhuyzen GD, Simpson CS, Abdollah H. Atrial fibrillation. CMAJ. 2004 Sep 28;171(7):755-60.