Fever Marburg Hemorrhagic Incidence
Facts about Marburg hemorrhagic fever:
- There have been no reported cases of Marburg fever in the US.
- This virus was first discovered in Europe in 1967.
- Since that time, Marburg infections have only been found in Africa.
- The animal host for this virus is unknown.
Continue to Fever Marburg Hemorrhagic Symptoms
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Outbreak of Marburg virus hemorrhagic fever--Angola, October 1, 2004-March 29, 2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005 Apr 1;54(12):308-9. 
- Drosten C, Gottig S, Schilling S, Asper M, Panning M, Schmitz H, Gunther S. Rapid detection and quantification of RNA of Ebola and Marburg viruses, Lassa virus, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, Rift Valley fever virus, dengue virus, and yellow fever virus by real-time reverse transcription-PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2002 Jul;40(7):2323-30. 
- Salvaggio MR, Baddley JW. Other viral bioweapons: Ebola and Marburg hemorrhagic fever. Dermatol Clin. 2004 Jul;22(3):291-302, vi.