Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain and fever adults pain and fever children warning signs Prevention Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Fever Dengue Transmission
Facts about Dengue fever:
- The virus is transmitted through the bite of mosquitoes.
- Symptoms begin several days following the bite.
- Mosquitoes that carry Dengue fever include:
- Aedes aegypti
- Aedes albopictus
PubMed Fever Dengue References
- Alejandria M. Dengue fever. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):887-95. 
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004 Dec;10(12 Suppl):S98-109. 
- Malavige GN, Fernando S, Fernando DJ, Seneviratne SL. Dengue viral infections. Postgrad Med J. 2004 Oct;80(948):588-601. 
- Wilder-Smith A, Schwartz E. Dengue in travelers. N Engl J Med. 2005 Sep 1;353(9):924-32.