Fever Dengue Symptoms
Initial symptoms of Dengue fever include:
- High fever
- Up to 105 degrees F or 40.6 C
- Pain behind your eyes
- Usually severe
- Back pain
- Muscle aches
- Joint pains
- Rash begins on the torso
- Rash spreads to the face, arms and legs.
- Rash is often red, flat, and may contain areas of hemorrhage in the skin
After 5- 7 days, the symptoms may resolve for a day, but the fever and rash usually return.
Symptoms of worsening Dengue fever include:
Continue to Fever Dengue Evaluation
- Alejandria M. Dengue fever. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):887-95. 
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004 Dec;10(12 Suppl):S98-109. 
- Malavige GN, Fernando S, Fernando DJ, Seneviratne SL. Dengue viral infections. Postgrad Med J. 2004 Oct;80(948):588-601. 
- Wilder-Smith A, Schwartz E. Dengue in travelers. N Engl J Med. 2005 Sep 1;353(9):924-32.