Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain and fever adults pain and fever children warning signs Prevention Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Fever Dengue Pain and Fever Children
- Acetaminophen decreases fever and pain, but does not help inflammation.
- Dosing is 10-15 mg per kilogram (5-7 mg per pound) of body weight every 4-6 hours, up to the adult dose.
- Do not exceed the maximum daily dose.
- Acetaminophen products come in various strengths. Always follow the package instructions.
- Avoid this drug in children with liver disease or an allergy to acetaminophen.
- Common acetaminophen products include Tylenol, Panadol and many others.
Continue to Fever Dengue Warning Signs
PubMed Fever Dengue References
- Alejandria M. Dengue fever. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):887-95. 
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004 Dec;10(12 Suppl):S98-109. 
- Malavige GN, Fernando S, Fernando DJ, Seneviratne SL. Dengue viral infections. Postgrad Med J. 2004 Oct;80(948):588-601. 
- Wilder-Smith A, Schwartz E. Dengue in travelers. N Engl J Med. 2005 Sep 1;353(9):924-32.