Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain and fever adults pain and fever children warning signs Prevention Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Fever Dengue Pain and Fever Adults
- Acetaminophen decreases fever and pain, but does not help inflammation.
- Adult dosing is 2 regular strength (325 mg) every 4 hours or 2 extra-strength (500 mg) every 6 hours.
- Maximum dose is 4,000 mg per day.
- Avoid this drug if you have alcoholism, liver disease or an allergy to the drug. See the package instructions.
- Common brand names include Tylenol, Panadol, and many others.
Continue to Fever Dengue Pain and Fever Children
PubMed Fever Dengue References
- Alejandria M. Dengue fever. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):887-95. 
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004 Dec;10(12 Suppl):S98-109. 
- Malavige GN, Fernando S, Fernando DJ, Seneviratne SL. Dengue viral infections. Postgrad Med J. 2004 Oct;80(948):588-601. 
- Wilder-Smith A, Schwartz E. Dengue in travelers. N Engl J Med. 2005 Sep 1;353(9):924-32.