Femoral Neck Fracture Incidence
Facts about hip fracture:
- About 250,000 people suffer hip fractures in the US each year.
- Nearly half of all people with hip fracture are more than 80 years old.
Continue to Femoral Neck Fracture Risk Factors
- Dominguez S, Liu P, Roberts C, Mandell M, Richman PB. Prevalence of traumatic hip and pelvic fractures in patients with suspected hip fracture and negative initial standard radiographs--a study of emergency department patients. Acad Emerg Med. 2005 Apr;12(4):366-9. 
- Dubey A, Koval KJ, Zuckerman JD. Hip fracture epidemiology: a review. Am J Orthop. 1999 Sep;28(9):497-506. 
- Dubey A, Koval KJ, Zuckerman JD. Hip fracture prevention: a review. Am J Orthop. 1998 Jun;27(6):407-12. 
- Jackman JM. New techniques in hip fracture management. Mo Med. 2005 May-Jun;102(3):231-5. 
- Wehren LE, Magaziner J. Hip fracture: risk factors and outcomes. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2003 Sep;1(2):78-85.