Female Pelvic Infection Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having pelvic inflammatory disease again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Female Pelvic Infection Specialist
- Banikarim C, Chacko MR. Pelvic inflammatory disease in adolescents. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis. 2005 Jul;16(3):175-80. 
- Beigi RH, Wiesenfeld HC. Pelvic inflammatory disease: new diagnostic criteria and treatment. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2003 Dec;30(4):777-93. 
- Cassell J, Kell P, Adler M. Pelvic inflammatory disease: a review. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care. 1997 Oct;3(10):20-3. 
- Wiesenfeld HC, Sweet RL, Ness RB, Krohn MA, Amortegui AJ, Hillier SL. Comparison of acute and subclinical pelvic inflammatory disease. Sex Transm Dis. 2005 Jul;32(7):400-5.