Fecal Impaction Incidence
Facts about fecal impaction:
- About 1 out of 100 people in the US develop fecal impaction each year.
- About 30 percent of nursing home residents develop fecal impactions.
Continue to Fecal Impaction Risk Factors
- Cooper ZR, Rose S. Fecal incontinence: a clinical approach. Mt Sinai J Med. 2000 Mar;67(2):96-105. 
- Creason N, Sparks D. Fecal impaction: a review. Nurs Diagn. 2000 Jan-Mar;11(1):15-23. 
- Gold DM, Levine J, Weinstein TA, Kessler BH, Pettei MJ. Frequency of digital rectal examination in children with chronic constipation. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999 Apr;153(4):377-9.